Monday, January 5, 2009

Wow! Has it Really Been Since Sept.

Well, a very busy Christmas season is finally over for me and I finally have some time to relax. Returning to the world of big box retail just before the Christmas season started was quite a reality check, but thankfully it's over! Haven't been fishin in months, too cold to ride the bike.... I'm about dine with winter! Sometime around early march, I'll start getting real giddy about the prospect of the coming of spring. Warm weather and more importantly, warm streams and rivers!
Enough dreaming of spring! I'm hoping to start posting recipes of some of the most successful fly patterns I've come up with over the years, and other somewhat standard patterns I've found to be extremely useful around these parts. We'll be seeing some of my standards: Harey Moose, Hale Bop Streamer, Furry Pheasant, and some more known.... Thunderheads, Stimulators, etc. Don't get too excited. I've found over the years that I tend to fish the same patterns over and over, with the occasional new fly becoming essential every couple of years. What does this mean? That I have limited my fly collection to the ones I know work and have confidence in. I'm sure there will be much expantion of this subjet as I actually start to do the posts.
Commin soon..... My BF and I are heading down to Cumberland Island Georgia for some R&R and hopefully some warmer weather. I plan on maybe doin a little fishin, but mostly hangin out and doin alot of nothin. If youve never heard of Cumberland sland National Seashore, check this link out.
http://www.nps.gov/cuis In the warmer months, fishing can be absolutely outstanding! The island is very unique in it's multitude of different habitats, and also for it's population of wild horses running on the island. I'm super jazzed about going there at the end of January!
Well, I figure that's enough for now. I hope that I actually have some readers left after my sabatical. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Glad to see you among the living again!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see youmade it through the difficult times.....I was meaning to get up with you about some flies, etc.... I do not have a vice and was wondering what type of vice and materials I should start out with...any help much appreciated. You know you could stop by anytime and chat! Troutfreak

ps forgot password had to sign anonymous