Sunday, September 21, 2008

All Is Well..... Kinda

It seems the universe has finally righted itself. After a month of despair and misery, gainful employment has finally been secured. In case your not aware, Western North Carolina does not have the best job market in the world, so I'm pleased to find something reasonable that didn't require me to shave my beard or wear a uniform. Hopefully now things will begin to right themselves around here. I think financial disaster has been averted, but only through the fraying of Cat's nerves.
Obviously I haven't been doing a lot of the normal things I would fill my blog with, now that things are getting back to normal, some fishing and hiking will definitely be in order. It looks like we'll be having a good color this year. I hope, it makes for great photos and beautiful hikes.
Brookies should be spawning soon and since we had a little rain, the fishin should be pretty good. Temps have started to trend towards to more fall like, which is great, except when I'm riding into work when it's 45 in the morning. I am still on the motorcycle, but barely, I dropped it 3 weeks ago at 45mph and was luckily able to ride it home with both of us in one piece. Well, the bike actually had a few things just hanging on it. Total damage was taken care of for $15 an a little rigging. I limped away with two separated ribs and some road rash and miscellaneous bruises, but overall quite pleased at my condition. A guy who saw it was amazed that I got up and rode home 30 minutes later. Shows the wonders of wearing a full face helmet and leather!
Thanks to all who voiced support during these trying times, I appreciate it.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Glad you're getting back on your feet. I'm looking forward to more reports!

I'll be in the park this week, should have some photos on the blog soon.

Feather Chucker said...

I'm glad to hear things, are on the rise for ya.