Sunday, August 24, 2008

YOUR'E FIRED...... DAMN!

Sometimes life seems to get out of hand, at least for me that is. I'm having one of those moments right now and things are getting REALLY out of hand! Seems I pissed of the head ranger on my side of the Park, so I was shitcanned! Office politics has never been a specialty of mine, so navigating the minefield of what's probably the most political NP in the country was not something I was capable of. Obviously there's a little more to it than that, but I don't really want to get into it, I'm still livin it. It amazes me sometimes the stupidity of the things that I do without thinking out consequences or the effects on my life. This year has been a difficult one for Cat and I financially, so in my royal wisdom, I've now made a bad situation worse. It's almost like I have a demon that haunts me, waiting for success before he strikes. My mom used to comment that it was like I had some aversion to happiness, so I'd go and screw my life up every 6 months to a year.
Sadly, the effects of this are not felt by me me alone anymore, but also by my selfless, loving wife who has to put up with this crap because of me. An amazing woman no doubt, I don't think she really signed up for some of the stuff she's living with! But like the trooper she is, she just regroups and keeps on rollin. For this, I am eternally grateful. Will I be able to fix this situation before the whole thing folds up like a damn deck of cards? I don't know, but I'm sure as hell not going to sit around pissin about it. Life really sucks sometimes and it's not something I deal with particularly well when I know it's because of something I've done. But I do know that change is inevitable and sometimes drastic things are required to bring change around in our lives. One look at gas prices will show the proof of that.
Enough of all that depressing crap. It looks like we might actually get some rain this week. It would be nice to go fishin again. God knows I need to get on the water for a bit. On the up side, I've been goin out for more rides on the bike since I got new tires. Feels like a totally different machine. The new front tires make her quick and effortless leaning into turns at speed, I'm sure there wouldn't have been such a notable difference had the tire that was replaced had any trad left on it. My carbs are still being testy, the idle speeds variate constantly, so I think I'm going to take them off again for a total rebuild and then synchronization. They are probably out of sync and need a more thorough cleaning, so hopefully I can get around to that sometime soon. As usual, the task is made more difficult by some stripped screws that I need to get replaced once I can get them out. Cheap, but requires a special tool to remove the screws and ordering replacements online.
I'm going to attempt to build my own synchronizing tool out of some plastic tubing, 10wt oil, and a yard stick. I've heard good things about it all, so my hopes are high. At a $1.55 you can't beat the price and it's supposed to be more sensitive than other types of store bought gauges. Am I delving into some things I don't really comprehend, for sure. But hey, that's how I learn to do new things.
So things I've learned....
Keep you're mouth shut! It's hard to piss someone off if you never say anything.
Never under any circumstances ask if things can get worse. They can and they will!
Life goes on, things change. Get over it and deal with it.
Motorcycles are like boats, there is always something that needs to be done to them!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Man, that stinks! Good luck on your job search - hopefully something will come soon.

B said...

I hope you find new employment soon.

Feather Chucker said...

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events, when I read the title, I was hoping it was about something different. I hope you find work soon. Don't sweat it too bad. God will usually look out for you in the end.