Friday, July 18, 2008

Blah,Blah,Blah

So life has been rolling along in our house like normal as of late. I've been too busy for a whole lot because the motorcycle has been sucking up alot of time. New toy, goes froom, froom, is fun! Fishing has definitely taken a back seat, that's OK, after the breaking of my 2wt, some luster was lost for a short period. Although, I do plan to get out and hit some smallies tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Gonna take the flyrod and commit to fishin it. I have a tendency to puss out and take a spin rod because it's easier in my opinion.

I've been having alot of fun on my new used motorcycle this week, and I've found that the stress of learning to ride it has taken alot out of me. It's alot of fun, but still requires ALOT of attention and concentration to make sure I don't die in some tourons home video of the Parkway. Some things I've learned this week: it's quite chilly here in the morning, I need chaps or something else windproof. Air temps have been around 50 in the morning and I hit 60 mph during one part of my drive, Brrrrrr! Full face helmets are the way to go. I probably wiped the carcasses of 40-50 bugs off of my helmet today, some of them large beetles. Uneven pavement SUCKS! I took hwy 19 home out of Cherokee yesterday and the road is covered with half ass patches that made the bike super unstable, scared the hell out of me. Get saddle bags, I have to figure out a way to strap crap to the bike. It sucks wearing a backpack all the time and I haven't even started fishin from it yet. Yet!

Most other things have been lost in the mix over the week. I got my rod on Monday, but haven't really even looked at it because of buying the bike on Tuesday. I have gotten most of the things I need and my hopes are to start on it tomorrow, if not finish it. Of course this will be mixed in with an afternoon nap, a little fishin, an maybe an afternoon ride, who knows? Whatever I do, it won't be alot of "productive" activity, but more of the leisure type. Sweet!!

So Cat and I are arguing about the use of the shower and bath in our household. Basically, I've been taking showers every morning for since she's known me. It's how I wake up and I look like someones been dragging me around by my hair in the morning. All of a sudden, she wants to start taking a bath every morning. The tub she uses drains the entire hot water heater, so I end up taking a warm to cool to cold shower on the days she takes baths in the morn. I'm a bit frustrated in the fact thast she won't COMPROMISE and take showers most mornings so it doesn't leave me in the cold. Her solution is for me to get up at 6 and take my shower so she can take a bath. I'm considering this, but.... I don't know. My problem is that I don't need to get up at 6, I usually get up at 6:45 or so. I go to bed around midnight, so that 45 minutes is pretty important to me. Who knows, I'm sure we'll argue about it and I'll end up getting up at six if I want a hot shower. That is of coarse if she gets up on time, which is another whole deminsion of the discussion.

Enough of that crap. More fishing and hiking posts to come soon. I'm gonna try to post some photos of the bike next week, if I can ever get off of it while it's light out. I'm gonna try to hike up to Chasteen Cascades off of Bradley Fork sometime this week and hopefully do some fishin after work this week too. Who knows what I'll actually end up doin.

No comments: