Sunday, February 15, 2009

A New Commitment

So I'm making a commitment to spend more time posting on my blog. After suffering through almost 6 months of inactivity, I'm going to make a better effort to post more regularly. Maybe something like 3 times a week if there's nothing really going on, maybe more if there is. Cat is a driving force behind this to some extent. Anyone who reads my blog regularly has probably looked at her blog at some point. (If you haven't, you should. When you see both sides of the crazy, things seem to somehow make sense.?) She is committed! The woman is like a blog machine. I've already gotten a dirty look for being on the computer. She wants it so she can post a post about me posting a post, when I'm posting. Crazy, huh?

I started turning the garden over on yesterday, with hopes of turning another bed today. We (I) are lacking a tiller at the moment, so I'm going OOOOLLLLDDD school and turning it with a mattock, hoe, and a garden rake. If you read Fire Pit or Pit of Hell, you can see my praise of the mattock. Right now I'm cussing it. We have a fairly decent sized garden, and the thought of digging it out by hand makes me sore just thinking about it. I think it's something like 12'x70', so.... maybe 800 or so square feet to turn by hand. Oh well, I guess it will help me get into shape for spring fishing! We're still coming up with the game plan for the garden this year, but likely we're going to go with square foot type set up with "raised" beds 3'x4'. I'm not sure, but I am sure it will be entertaining no matter what!

I hope to go fishing this week. It breaks my heart that I have not caught a fish all year. Pathetic! This is the first time in something like 10 years that I've let my license expire. I'm hoping to hit the Tuck on Mon or Thurs with Adicus for some big bows and browns, if I can
remember how to set a hook. My next pattern will hopefully post this week. A steamer called the Hale-Bop that is absolutely deadly on stupid fish, particularly big brookies. I like to throw a size 6 or 8 in chartreuse, one of the uglier flies you'll ever see me throw. I've seen groups of brookies and browns coming after that ugly thing like a pack of wolves! Refer to photo below.
Well, that's enough randomness for now. Cat is watching network news as she like to do on Sunday mornings, and I think my head is about to explode over the new stimulus package. I had decided not to talk politics on my blog, but that has decidedly flown out the window. The level of idiocy and what seems to me as pure theft has left me no choice but to rant somewhere about it. But I regress, time to get in the yard and get something done today before the trappings of a good nap take over.

No comments: