Monday, February 23, 2009

To Be, Or Not To Be Friends

Friends piss me off. How do you decide when a friendship is worth continuing putting effort into? When does a friend become an acquaintance? How do you deal with an acquaintance that wants to be a friend, maybe even a best friend, but is not really interested in putting the effort into it? Why do I feel like I'm back in high school? I guess that's better than being in HighSchoolMusical!
What do you do when someone you care about, hurts you, and then asks weeks later why you're being a stranger? I sometimes wonder if I'm not better off focusing on my relationship with Cat (my true best friend) and just let whatever happens in my other relationships happen. Unfortunately, Cat also just had a falling out with one of her closest friends, so I guess we're both having to reevaluate the role of friendships in our life. All I know is that I really don't have the patience, time, or resources to deal with it right now. Life is hard enough to deal with right now without the people I care about kicking me in the balls!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my sweet and loving Hillbilly....

I would pay for the answers to those questions.

Right now? Anyone that brings more stress to my life than they ease is getting cut off. If peeps can't bring me a net positive, then I just don't have the time or energy.

Just remember, the greatest passive aggressive trick in the book is to be an asshole and then ask the other person why they're being an asshole.

I'll be home in a few. :)

xoxoxo

Ryan said...

Just go fishing - always makes you feel better.

Feather Chucker said...

Whoa, I like the new look of the site. I might get up to your neck of the woods this spring, maybe you can show me some honey holes? =)