Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time Warp

In an effort to stem the chaos know as our lives, Cat and I have agreed to a set routine, or "schedule" if you will. Anyone who knows me, knows I reject almost any and all form of routine. I am a creature of spontaneity, a free spirit of sorts. I do most things as they come to me, stress is not a friend of mine. My most wonderful wife on the other hand, has gone schedule nuts! Last night she handed me my life on an Excel spreadsheet. Needless to say, my enthusiasm waned.....

I get up at or around 4:30 on most mornings, it's on the schedule. I tend to get home around 3 or so and work on projects around the house, this is also now on the schedule. My "play" time is even scheduled. (I've been assured this is the winter schedule and that the spring schedule will reflect the required fishing quota!)I think you get the picture. I must say, I feel some pressure to make sure I'm where I should be on "the schedule". Overall, both of us REALLY need this right now. I just have a tendency to reject structure and what not. I have a 6 week to-do list that is absolutely insane, so the scheduled time to do it is a must! Right now I'm in battle with the basement, updates in the future.


On the topic of time and such, I was watching the Science Channel last night, much to Cat's disgust. I was watching a show on time. Try to describe time. Seems pretty simple, but what is time really? Something that dominates all of our lives, yet is different for each of us. Some days at work fly by, yet other drag on for what seems to be an eternity. Wanna watch 30 minutes fly by, get on a stream unprepared with a hatch peaking. Can be the quickest 30 minutes of your life! Sometime these types of things will occupy my mind for weeks and I can't seem to get this one out of it. Seems proper that while I'm trying to wrap my mind around time as a force, I'm also trying to learn how to manage it in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to note that although this post was written during chore time, he was washing towels. So it totally counts as chore time. ;)