Monday, March 16, 2009

I Have A Sickness

I absolutely can not go into a fly shop without spending more money than was allotted to me by she that must be obeyed. To be obeyed except when I'm in a fly shop. :) I sure to be chewed about it later, but ya know.

So, I was supposed to spend like $10 bucks in Hunter Banks, which is just an absurd amount. I ended up spending $20 instead. Not too bad, in my opinion, but more than I was supposed to. So what did I acquire with my ill gotten gains? Some moose body hair, much needed brass beads, mallard flanks, grouse feathers, and some wader repair. Some of my most used ingredients for my favorite flies. Springs comin and I haven't tied hardly any flies, so it's time to get busy in the evenings!

It's convenient that I only fish maybe a dozen different patterns in about 3 or 4 sizes. I have leftovers from last year (yeah! no lost flybox this year!), so only my most used flies need to be replenished. Still some work to be done, but nothing like two years ago when I lost my main box and "had" to retie over 250 flies. Loosing that box still makes me want to vomit!

Another sickness is that I can't seem to ever throw away old fishing stuff. Occasionally, I find a use for something, a spare part for another, blah, blah, blah. This does nothing but further feed the beast. Today, I'm going to bring a old pair of waders back to life. Hence the purchase of the wader repair! So old becomes new... hopefully. The needed repairs will be attempted sometime this week, if not tonight. I'm sure updates will follow.

We'll, it's a little past 5, so it's almost time to start dinner and await the arrival of Cat. Hopefully she won't be too mad at me. I sure didn't get Clinique Bonus week!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Sounds to me like you got out of there pretty cheap. Hooks alone always drive up my costs.

At least you managed to get away with only the repair kit, instead of the new waders!

Anonymous said...

Okay.....

Your waders are about as useful as a spaghetti strainer lately, so if that's why you went over.....

Now seems like a really good time to tell you that I bought my own domain. It was available, and stuff. So. It was $15. So we're even.

Oh, and by the way, bonus time at Dillards is just that- a bonus. I buy the moisturizer I would have bought anyway (the bottle was empty!), and just happened to get free makeup and a cute bag. So. There.

:*