Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So Over It!

It's April 7, 27 degrees outside and snowing fairly hard. I'm done with it! Over it! Ready for spring to show up in force and STAY! I can just hear my trout lilies screaming as they freeze to death in the front yard. This sucks!

I've waited over 5 months for the return of some decent weather..... It was 73 outside on Sunday. Oh mother nature, you are so cruel! The silver lining is that it's supposed to be back into the upper 60's by Friday for our camping trip. The wildflowers might not be that good and it should be interesting to see what the snow does to the water temps. I think I've finally settled onto the Fires Creek area, but in typical fashion I reserve the right to change my mind at the last moment. Now I just need to get around to packing!

At least we didn't plant the cabbage or broccoli yet. It's still hard for me to get used to a last freeze date of May 15th, when I lived in Ga, it would already be in the 90's by that time! So with that I will leave you. We're supposed to get around 2" of snow, if we do, it should be gone by Thursday. How do people live in places like Michigan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO!! Not the trout lillies! And quit talking about the wildflowers being all effed up. I bet the fishing is going to SUCK. SUCKOLA. NO FLOWERS FOR ME? NO FISHIES FOR YOU!

I hate snow.